Larry D. Herwig Research Scholarship (SH5552)
The Larry D. Herwig Research Scholarship was established to fund students in the College of Science and Engineering, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Texas State University.
The following criteria will be used to select award recipients:
- Must be a full-time student in good standing enrolled at Texas State University
- Must have a cumulative Texas State G.P.A of 3.0 or higher
- Must be majoring in Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Must be in the first, second, or third year of his/her undergraduate career at the time of application
- Must be committed to pursuing a research project over the full academic year of the award
- Must identify a faculty mentor for the project who must submit a letter of support
The total funds awarded for this scholarship varies each year, contingent on funding and other relevant factors. One half of the funds will be credited to the student’s university account each long semester during the academic year of the award.