Lunelle Anderson Scholarship (SA5504)
The Lunelle A. Anderson Scholarship is available to undergraduate students currently enrolled at Texas State, and to entering freshman or transfer students. Entering freshmen should have an overall high school GPA of 3.0 or above, and an ACT score of 24 or SAT score of 1000 (critical reading and math only). Transfer and current Texas State students should have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, and be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester. Applicants should demonstrate high academic ability through transcripts, and should demonstrate leadership, involvement, community service and/or employment experience through a resume. The scholarship is awarded annually. Preference will be given to the students of current Family Association members. Students must re-apply for the scholarship every year, and must maintain full-time enrollment and a 3.0 GPA.
- Family Association
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your high school transcript or most recent college transcript. Your transcript should include all four years of high school grades, and/or all college semesters from all enrolled institutions. File types accepted: PDF or Word.
- Upload a resume that demonstrates your leadership, extracurricular involvement, community service, and work experience. File type accepted: PDF or Word.
- Is any member of your family a current member of the Texas State Family Association?
- Please select one of the provided topics and write a 500-750 word essay for consideration of all competitive continuing student scholarships managed by Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Please select and write an essay on one of these topics:
1. Explain how your course of study at Texas State will help society. How will your education contribute to solving current or future issues in society, and why is this important?
2. Describe how your personality type and background has impacted your choice of academic programs. How will your degree benefit you after you graduate?
3. Which book or books have affected you deeply and why?
4. Describe how COVID-19 has impacted your educational experience. How will COVID-19 impact higher education in the future?