The Janie M. Grayson English Graduate Fellowship (SG5463)
The Janie M. Grayson English Graduate Fellowship honors the mother of Nancy Grayson, Professor of English. Janie loved her family, music, books, movies, and travel to England and France. During her daughter’s six years as chair, she made many friends in the English Department, who enjoyed her witty observations and joie de vivre. The Janie M. Grayson English Graduate Fellowship is awarded to an MA in Literature student.
Students eligible for this scholarship will:
- Be enrolled and complete coursework as a full time English major student each semester of the academic year for which the scholarship is held. Students graduating Fall term of the academic year for which the scholarship is held are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Be enrolled in at least one English course each semester of the academic year for which the scholarship is held.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in the Fall in order to receive the scholarship for the Spring.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please consult the English Scholarship FAQ here: https://www.english.txstate.edu/studentres/scholarships.html. If you have further questions, contact Dr. Chevaillier in the English Department at email@example.com.
- College of Liberal Arts, CoLA - English
- Supplemental Questions
Applicants must submit a single PDF with the following in this order:.
- An essay explaining why you are majoring in English (500 words maximum).
- Transcript(s) (may be unofficial).
- 2-3 sentences introducing yourself to the donors.
- You must also obtain two letters of recommendation by the deadline. (Please note: English Department Scholarship Committee members may not submit letters of recommendation. Committee members are Elizabeth Skerpan-Wheeler, Deb Balzhiser, Cyrus Cassells, Leah Schwebel, Eric Leake, and Kathryn Ledbetter).
- Recommender: Name and Email Address
- Will you graduate before Spring 2023?