Don & Helen Cude Award (SC6058)
The Don and Helen Cude Mathematics Scholarship honors Don Cude, alumnus and former mathematics professor and chairman at Texas State University (then Southwest Texas State University) and his wife Helen Ebeling Cude. Both Dr. and Mrs. Cude were public school teachers who endowed this scholarship to reward outstanding students in the field of mathematics. Selection guidelines include:
- Not previously received an award from this endowment
- Preference for students pursuing teaching certification
- Full time enrollment (12 hours or more) in good standing with the university and an overall GPA of at least 3.0.
- Application materials should address the candidate’s academic merit, leadership, and intellectual promise
- College of Science and Engineering, Mathematics, University Advancement
- Supplemental Questions
- What semester and year do you anticipate graduating?
- Are you or have you conducted any research projects or are you involved in any mathematical or scientific extracurricular activities? Please describe the project/activities and list any faculty members you have worked with.
- What sets you apart from other applicants in terms of your financial need or personal/professional circumstances?