The Military Veteran Geography Award for Academic Excellence (SG5425)
Honors a military veteran Geography student for their commitment and service to the people of the United States of America.
One scholarship is awarded each spring pending available funding and applied to the following fall. The Military Veteran Geography Award for Academic Excellence was created in 2013 to honor men and women in all branches of the armed services for their commitment and service to the people of United States of America.
- be a U.S. military veteran from any of the armed services with an honorable discharge and a copy of the DD 214 (discharge record)
- be a junior or senior Geography major with at least 15 credit hours in undergraduate Geography course and with at least a 3.2 GPA in Geography and a 2.8 Texas State GPA OR be a graduate Geography major with at least 9 credit hours in graduate Geography courses and with a Geography graduate GPA of at least 3.4
- have membership and a demonstrated record of service in a student organization sponsored by the Geography Department
- College of Liberal Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a copy of your DD-214.
- Are you a member of any of the following student organizations? Check all that apply
- Please discuss your record of service within the organization(s) you indicated. If you marked 'none of the above' enter 'not applicable'.
- Submit a copy of your most recent college transcript (unofficial is acceptable).