The Frank and Ivy Boehm Geography Scholarship for Ph.D. Students in Geographic Education (SB6034)
The Frank and Ivy Boehm Geography Scholarship for Ph.D. Students in Geographic Education honors Frank and Ivy Boehm for their strong support of education as an avenue by which individuals can significantly contribute to improving our society.
One scholarship is awarded each spring pending available funding and applied to the following fall. Frank and Ivy Boehm had a long and strong interest in higher education. Even though neither of them went to college, they knew that the future of this country depended on advanced education. They provided support for their children’s education and, a generation later, for their grandchildren. They traveled widely and marveled at people and places, thus their abiding interest in geography.
It is a fitting legacy to these two generous people that there be a scholarship in their honor for Ph.D. students in Geographic Education. The leading reputation of the Texas State Department of Geography and the top quality education that it offers to its students is acknowledged through this scholarship, which is to be given in their name.
- be a Ph.D. student in geographic education
- be competitive with a high grade point
- submit a 250 word request to the Director of the Grosvenor Center for Geographic Education that addresses need and qualifications
- this award will be decided in consultation between the geography department chairperson and the Director of the Grosvenor Center for Geographic Education
- extracurricular activities will be considered