GCPA emPOWERing Women Scholarship (SG0019)
The Gulf Coast Power Association (GCPA) emPOWERing Foundation wishes to establish a scholarship fund to benefit students in the Ingram School of Engineering at Texas State University.
GCPA is proud of our women in the electric power industry outreach program – emPOWERing Women, originally launched in 2013. In keeping with GCPA’s emphasis on providing superior educational and networking opportunities for our diverse membership, an increased focus on encouraging and empowering the development of women in our industry is a critical and logical next step in our industry outreach programming. emPOWERing Women will:
1. Actively offer opportunities for support, development and networking to women currently working in the electric power industry; and
2. Proactively encourage and inspire younger women pursuing technical degrees to consider careers in the electric power arena.
1. US Citizen or foreign national with permanent residency
2. Preference for students specializing in electric power industry-related fields of study
3. Preference for students pursuing majors in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Engineering Technology – Electrical Specialization
4. Preference for female student
5. Preference for sophomore and those finishing the first year of their post-graduate degree
The award is based on merit and not financial need.