Merry Kone FitzPatrick Endowed Scholarship (SF5058)
The FitzPatrick Endowed Scholarship is awarded to continuing (currently enrolled) undergraduate students who are active members of Alpha Lambda Delta OR active members of the Honors College.
- Awarded to transfer and continuing (currently enrolled) students.
- Applicants must demonstrate participation in Alpha Lambda Delta and must have paid the Alpha Lambda Delta initiation and lifetime membership fees.
- These scholarship awards are made for the academic year and must be disbursed on a semester basis (half paid in fall, half paid in spring).
- Applicants are expected to acknowledge their award with a thank you letter to members of the FitzPatrick family.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic strength and engagement in the community. Applicants must maintain a semester grade point average of at least 3.50.
- Applicants must enroll in at least 12 hours per semester.
- Completion of online scholarship application.
- Two letters of recommendation. Please note that letters from high school teachers and counselors are strongly discouraged as letters should reflect your work in college.
- The scholarship committee will select the best-qualified applicants.
- Applicants will be evaluated on:
- Their past academic achievement, as evidenced by their GPA and letters of recommendation.
- Their active participation in Honors College or Alpha Lambda Delta.
- Their future academic promise (as evidenced in letters of recommendation)
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please contact the Honors College at email@example.com or 512.245.2266.