David Olver Memorial Scholarship by GCPA empowering Foundation (SG5076)
The Gulf Coast Power Association Scholarship Program was initiated in 2007 to provide assistance to students with expressed interest in pursuing a career in the electric power industry. The program’s goals are to:
- assist deserving students in attaining their educational goals
- encourage participation in the Texas electricity industry
- increase awareness of GCPA by investing in education within Texas. In 2008, the program was renamed the Gulf Coast Power Association David Olver Memorial Scholarship Program in recognition and memory of the founding Executive Director of GCPA, David Olver
- promote diversity
- support educational institutions across the regions in which GCPA provides programs
- US Citizen or foreign national with permanent residency
- Preference for students specializing in electric power industry-related fields of study
- Preference for students pursuing majors in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Engineering Technology – Electrical Specialization
- Preference for sophomore, junior, senior, or Master’s-level students
The award is based on merit and not financial need.
- Ingram Engineering
- Supplemental Questions
- Applicants should be committed to pursuing a career in the power industry. This can include power-related fields such as renewable energy, photo-voltaic power, etc. Please write a personal essay that describes why you want to pursue a career in the power industry.