Preston T. Bowling Scholarship Fund (SB5016)
The Preston T. Bowling Scholarship Fund awards students in the College of Education. In order to compete for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- pursuing teacher certification grades K-12;
- graduated from a high school in Robertson or Milam counties and will have resided in one of those counties for at least 5 years;
- documented financial need;
- is either a 2nd generation U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien who has been in the United States lawfully for at least 18 years;
- must be in good standing with the University and not have a criminal history.
If the recipient receives a felony conviction while enrolled in the teaching program, scholarship will be forfeited. Award will include up to $250 per student, per semester to assist with book cost. Book receipts must be presented for reimbursement.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please contact the College of Education at COEScholarship@txstate.edu