Lois Ann Cofer Monzingo Memorial Scholarship (SM6192)
This scholarship was established by Debs and Marsha Cofer in memory of his sister, Lois Ann Cofer Monzingo. The goal of the scholarship is to provide financial assistant to students pursuing a degree within the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Lois Ann was one of those special people that was always helping others. Many lives in her hometown were touched by the caring of this fine woman. Struggling with the loss of her kidney for over nine years, she passed away at the relatively early age of 58. Her memory will live in many ways. This scholarship is just a small portion of that legacy.
The first-time recipient must be an entering freshman who is in the top 25% of his/her high school graduating class, must be enrolled at Texas State full time, and must be a declared chemistry or biochemistry major.
The award is renewable for a total of four years, provided that the student maintains a minimum 3.0 GPA, continues to be enrolled as a full-time student, and continues to be a declared chemistry or biochemistry major. Renewal requires submission of a renewal application.
First-Time Applicants (Entering Freshmen only)
- a copy of your high school transcript
- two or three letters of recommendation
- a brief essay describing your interest in pursuing studies in the chemical or biochemical sciences.
- 3.00 overall GPA
- Full time status (12 or more credit hours)
- Chemistry or Biochemistry major
- a 300 word (maximum) essay describing why your award should be extended
- your unofficial transcript that shows all courses taken and grades earned at Texas State
- two or three letters of recommendation from Texas State faculty members