Ima Hogg Scholarship Award (External)
Should you be awarded from the Hogg Foundation, you will be required to contact Financial Aid and Scholarships at (512) 245-2315 to report the award.
The Hogg Foundation for Mental Health is an outside scholarship program that awards $5,000 to graduate students who are committed to providing mental health services after graduation. The Ima Hogg Scholarships reflect the foundation’s commitment to increase the number of social workers to provide quality mental health services to the people of Texas.
Requirements to apply:
- Be pursuing a master’s degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Have completed (or be about to complete) your first year of graduate studies in social work and be prepared to enter their second year in the program in the fall of 2023.
- Demonstrate a commitment to pursuing a career in providing mental health services to underserved or underrepresented individuals and their communities in Texas upon obtaining their master’s degree.
- Self-identify the need or financial hardship for the award and if awarded, how this award will provide fiscal relief and lessen your financial burden.
Questions regarding this scholarship should be addressed to Dr. Lea Velez @ email@example.com.
- Social Work
- Supplemental Questions
- Write a personal statement addressing the following seven elements: 1) your career goals, 2) why you chose social work as a career, 3) your experience to date (if any) in providing mental health services, 4) how the MSW credential will help you meet your career goals, 5) the impact you hope to achieve as a social worker, 6) explain your commitment to pursuing a career in providing mental health services to underserved or underrepresented individuals and their communities in Texas upon obtaining their master’s degree, 7) how this scholarship, if awarded, will provide you with financial relief, and lessen the financial burden. (500 word maximum)
- Please upload a résumé.