Bring Bobcats Back – Crankstart Re-entry Scholars (SB0020)
The Bring Bobcats Back – Crankstart Re-entry Scholars award (up to $5,000 per academic year) is for non-traditional students who have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years and are pursuing their first baccalaureate degree at the undergraduate level. The scholarship is intended to benefit students who anticipate workforce participation for a significant period of time subsequent to graduation, demonstrate financial need, show academic promise and a commitment to obtaining their degree.
To compete for this scholarship, a Non-Traditional student must meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative gap in education of 5+ years (each fall or spring semester of non-enrollment after graduating high school is counted as half of one gap year)
- Demonstrated financial need through completion of the FAFSA
- Enrolled full-time or part-time
- Undergraduate status
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please contact Financial Aid and Scholarships at FinancialAid@txstate.edu.
- Supplemental Questions
- How many hours do you plan to enroll for fall 2023?
- How many hours do you plan to enroll for spring 2024?
- What is your anticipated graduation date (month and year)?
- This scholarship is designated to assist non-traditional students who have a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years. Please submit an essay describing the reason for your education gap and any challenges/hardships you have experienced in obtaining your degree. Tell us about your current academic plans and other activities you are involved in that support you in achieving your goals. Please include any of your personal or professional achievements related to your goals that you are proud of. (500 - 800 words)