The Melvin Weathersby Endowed Scholarship (SW0016)
This scholarship honors the memory of Melvin Weathersby (1937-2015) who was a long time faculty member and advisor in the Department of Organization, Workforce, and Leadership Studies. The scholarship is designed to assist students pursuing the BAAS or MED or MSIS/MAIS degree.
Two $500 scholarships will be awarded to assist students with their Fall tuition.
Applications are good for one submission only. Further funding would be dependent on the funds available and new applications would have to be submitted next year.
- Recipient accepted into the department in good standing with a 3.0 GPA for graduate students and a 2.75 GPA for undergraduate students.
- Recipient has been working full-time for the last ten years.
- Recipient must provide a two page essay that explains his/her need for assistance and career goals. Also, applicant must indicate the nature and duration of the full-time work he/she has been engaged in for ten years.
- College of Applied Arts, Organization, Workforce, and Leadership Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- During the last 10 years, have you consistently worked full-time?
- In 1000 words, discuss your
* Need for assistance
* Duration and nature of full-time work for the last 10 years
* Career goals
- Please upload a copy of your most recent transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)