Timothy William Reese Memorial Endowed Scholarship (SR5444)
This scholarship honors the memory of Timothy William Reese (1951-2001) and provides financial assistance to students pursuing a BAAS degree through Organization, Workforce, & Leadership Studies with an emphasis on Business.
Mr. Reese received his degree from Texas State University-San Marcos (formerly SWT) in 1983. He was employed with the Social Security Administration for 31 years. His four children also attended Texas State.
Memorial contributions were made upon the death of Mr. Reese in 2001 by his widow, Claudette Reese. A maximum of $400 a year will be offered, when funds are available.
Applications are good for one year only and must be renewed each year.
- Award to be presented annually to a student pursuing a degree with Business emphasis through the Organization, Workforce, & Leadership Studies Department.
- Student must be enrolled full-time.
- Student must have junior or senior status with a 3.0 Texas State grade point average.
- Student must demonstrate financial need.
The scholarship can be renewed but application needs to be made each year. The scholarship selection committee within the department, in consultation with a Committee representative from the family, shall select the recipients of the scholarship.
- College of Applied Arts, Organization, Workforce, and Leadership Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Does your BAAS degree audit have a business emphasis?
- Are you currently enrolled as a full-time student with 12 or more hours enrollment?
- Planned Enrollment for Fall 2023
Note: Full-time enrollment is 12 or more hours for undergraduates; 9 or more hours for graduates.
- Please upload a copy of your most recent transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- In 500 words, how will your BAAS degree help you achieve your career goals?