Underhill-Kens Study Abroad Endowed Scholarship - Fall (SU0009)
Texas State University is committed to the diversity of people and ideas, inclusiveness, and global perspectives. Student global engagement can be achieved through Education Abroad programs, which is a great way to connect Texas State students with the world. The purpose of the Underhill-Kens Scholarship is to enable students with limited financial means to participate in an Education Abroad program. This is highly competitive scholarship.
- Eligible candidates must have applied to participate in a Texas State Education Abroad Program by the scholarship application deadline.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA for undergraduate students and a 3.5 GPA for graduate students and be in good standing with Texas State University.
- Must be a full-time student preceding the semester of travel (12 hours for undergraduate or 9 hours for graduate students).
- Students must have demonstrated financial need (the selection committee may consult with the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office to help determine the applicant’s financial need).
- Preference will be given to students who have had limited or no travel abroad experience.
- Students can be undergraduate or graduate students with preference is given to upperclassmen undergraduates.
- Preference will be given to students participating in programs that will spend a minimum of four weeks abroad.
- Students from all disciplines may apply, except for those majoring in the McCoy College of Business.
- Students who do not engage in or complete their proposed Education Abroad program are not entitled to their award and must repay any award already allocated to them.
- Upon completion of their study abroad programs, recipients of these funds will be required to submit a report detailing what they learned from the experience and make a short presentation.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact Education Abroad at 512-245-1967 or email@example.com.
- Education Abroad
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you ever participated in a Education Abroad program? If so, please specify when and where and through what organization.
- Briefly tell us about yourself, your talents and interests, as well as any awards or special recognitions you received
- What motivates you to study abroad?
- Describe your leadership experience?
- Describe the nature and extent of your financial need and any special financial circumstances? Please be specific in identifying extenuating circumstances as this information will help the committee understand your need?
- What impact will our education abroad program have on your academic, professional, and personal goals?
- Describe how this scholarship will benefit you and what makes you a strong candidate for these funds?
- I have read and understand the Underhilll-Kens Scholarship eligibility criteria and I agree that upon acceptance of this scholarship award I will write a thank you letter to the donor and upon completion of my education abroad program I will submit a report to Education Abroad detailing what I have learned from my experience and will participate in Education Abroad presentation(s).
- Show 3 more