Richard and Nan Garcia Endowed Scholarship (SG0017)
The Richard and Nan Garcia Endowed Scholarship is a one-time award for undergraduate students with outstanding academic credentials. This scholarship is a highly competitive award given to candidates who are enrolled full-time and have a 3.0 or higher Texas State GPA. Priority is given to students who are veterans, are first-generation and studying Criminal Justice, as well as other majors outlined below.
Recipients of this award on average have an overall Texas State GPA of 3.0 or higher. To compete for this scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
• Preference for the recipient to be a first-generation college student
• Preference given to the following areas of study: Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering Technology, Finance and Accounting.
• Must be a full -time student in good standing at Texas State University
• Must have a Texas State GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Preference to students interested in a career in law enforcement; and
• Preference given to students who are veterans.