Robert “Escy” Escobar Memorial Endowed Scholarship (SR5110)
The Robert ‘Escy” Escobar Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established in 2016 in Robert’s memory by his Mother and Sister. Robert worked at the Alkek Library for two years and graduated from Texas State University in 2014 with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice.
This scholarship will be awarded to undergraduate students attending Texas State University who are either classified as a sophomore or junior and are enrolled with the university as a full-time student (12 hours or more). Recipients must demonstrate financial need for the award and must be a current student worker employed by the University Libraries. Preference will be given to those students whose permanent home address is within Harris County.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a current student worker with the University Libraries?
- Will you be returning as a student worker in the library for the upcoming fall semester?
- What library department are you employed with?
- Please write an essay that outlines major academic awards/honors, leadership activities and non-academic activities and awards, as well as any work experience since high school. Personal Essay options outlined below: Essay should be one full page.
- Explain how and why your life has been significantly influenced by a person (living or deceased), an event or a particular book. Be specific, descriptive, and introspective.
- Use the following statement as a basis for your essay to fully explain your attitude: “As a _ year-old in the year _, I am most optimistic (or pessimistic) about my future in the United States because…”
- Describe a challenge and/or hardship to which you have successfully responded. What did you learn about yourself as you responded to this challenge and/or hardship? Describe a challenge you anticipate facing in any aspect of college life. On the basis of what you learned from your earlier response; how do you expect to deal with this challenge?
- Considering your lifetime goals, discuss how your current and future academic and extracurricular activities might help you achieve your goals.