Nicholas Down Endowed Scholarship (SD0038)
In July 2020, Mrs. Lisa Franknecht established the Nicholas Down Scholarship in the Texas State University Development Foundation to honor the memory of her brother, Nicholas Down, class of 2014. Nicholas was an avid supporter of and participant in Bobcat Build during his time at Texas State. He enthusiastically and effectively served as the director for Bobcat Build. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Geography Urban and Regional Planning and after graduation, Nicholas worked as a GIS Analyst for the City of Austin for six years. In his memory, a scholarship was established for students who are officers of Bobcat Build.
To compete for this scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Currently serving as an officer in the Bobcat Build organization with at least one semester of prior experience as an officer
- Enrolled full-time student at Texas State University at time of scholarship distribution (12 hrs for undergraduate students, 9 hours for graduate students)
- Minimum 2.25 Texas State GPA
- Financial need will be taken into consideration for the scholarship award
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you currently serving as an officer in Bobcat Build with at least one semester of prior experience as an officer?
- Will you be enrolled full-time each semester at Texas State University for the upcoming year? (Enrolled a minimum of 12 hours for undergraduates, minimum of 9 hours for graduate students)
- What is your family’s annual income? (This is the amount of money your parent(s) or guardian(s) make per year)
- Please write a short essay (approximately 500 words) regarding what being a Bobcat Build officer means to you. Applicant essays will be reviewed based on writing quality, displaying the mission of Bobcat Build, and growth and development within Bobcat Build of self and others.