Family Association Endowed Scholarship (SF6631)
The Texas State Family Association has been dedicated to helping Bobcat families remain connected to their student’s university experience since 1976. The Family Association scholarship is available to undergraduate students, entering freshmen and transfer students. Entering freshmen must have a minimum ACT score of 24 or SAT score of 1000. Transfer and current Texas State students should have a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Applicants should demonstrate high academic ability through transcripts, and should demonstrate leadership, involvement, community service and/or employment experience through a resume. Preference will be given to students of Family Association members.
- Family Association, University Advancement
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload a resume that demonstrates your leadership, extracurricular involvement, community service, and work experience. File type accepted: PDF or Word.
- Please upload your high school transcript or most recent college transcript. Your transcript should include all four years of high school grades, and/or all college semesters from all enrolled institutions. File types accepted: PDF or Word.
- Is any member of your family a current member of the Texas State Family Association?
- Please select one of the provided topics and write a 500-750 word essay for consideration of all competitive continuing student scholarships managed by Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Please select and write an essay on one of these topics:
1. Explain how your course of study at Texas State will help society. How will your education contribute to solving current or future issues in society, and why is this important?
2. Describe how your personality type and background has impacted your choice of academic programs. How will your degree benefit you after you graduate?
3. Which book or books have affected you deeply and why?
4. Describe how COVID-19 has impacted your educational experience. How will COVID-19 impact higher education in the future?